Sunday, August 9, 2009

My Fashion Life: Chee's Vacation Picks

Hey guys,

The weekend is coming to an end and I'm sooo sad. Tomorrow back to work, back to reality, and back to the Monday blues.

Dreading the work week has me highly anticipating vacation. I'm very excited about my trip to Miami at the end of the month for my Fabulous 27th birthday. Yes I AM A VIRGO!!:)

My Trip is forcing me to start planning what to bring 3 weeks in advance.

Before I start to pack and plan what I am bringing on vacation I normally jot down a 3 column list.
1. Look List
2. Trend List
3. Staple List

The Look list consists of stick figured little Chee Chee's in mock up fits for day and night. I know I'm crazy, but I swear I do it.

The Trend List consists of the current trends I want to bring, for Example: destructive jeans, Oxfords, just to name a few.

Lastly, the Staple List usually consists of a bunch of staples I MUST bring, like white jeans, LDB, colorful scarf, etc.

You would think I pack my entire closet every vacation, but each vacation I go on, my suitcase gets smaller and smaller.

This trip my goal is to try and put everything into a carry-on bag. LMAO!!! I know... funny. Those who have traveled with me might doubt this goal, but I'm going to try.

I was going through one of my favorite fashion mags and I love the pages where the editor list out their "fashion picks". I figured I would give you guys my Fashion Picks for vacation.

Take a look:





I was on my one of my fav websites and gathered some of my picks to a great fashionable vacation.

1. White Jeans: J Brand ripped white jeans are perfect for vacation. The white jean can carry me from an afternoon visit to 'Wet Willies', straight to a great fashion night at 'The Fifth Club'. This jean also is one of the hottest trends of the summer. Forever 21 and Gap also have a great pair of white denims for a GREAT price.

2. Aviators: I am obsessed with aviators. I love the frames and aviators are timeless. An aviator frame will never go out of style. The Gucci Aviator with the white rim is a cool addition to your swimwear fit, day, and night ensemble.

3. Scarf: This Forever 21 scarf is great. The tribal print adds flavor to a t-shirt look and also can turn into a sarong for the pool.

3. T-strap sandals: I love T-strap sandals. They are sexy and very comfy. These Michael Kors sandals will not break your pockets and you can wear these with any fit and smash the entire game.

4. Tote: After going to Aruba and not having a tote bag, I realized the importance of having this type of bag on vacation. A fabulous tote can definitely be useful for lounging at the pool, the beach, and walking around during the day.

5. Great earrings and statement necklace: I'm all about jewelry these days. Creative earrings like these Marc Jacobs zipper charm can add swag to anyone's lobes. Statement necklaces can bring a simple fit from "eehhh ok" to "Stylcious". Layered necklaces will look dope with your bathing suit while you look great poolside.

6. Eye poppin nail polish: It's all about dressing up your nails. On vacation take risks with bright pinks like the Chanel Lollipop No. 27. The great thing about pink nail polish, it adds a girlie feel to your nails and pink goes with a lot of colors. You wouldn't have to change your nail color daily while on vacation.

7. T-shirt: A V-neck t-shirt is essential on vacation. A comfy tee can be paired with a great pair of denim, an A-line skirt or over your bathing suit. Bringing a couple of t-shirts on vacation will set you style free!!! If you have a couple of dollars to spend I would recommend James Perse. Your skin will fall in love with the super soft cotton.

8. Day Dress: Having a super cute light weight day dress is essential. No matter what you do, if you are site seeing, lunching, dining, or shopping you would look great doing it.

9. Black Swimsuit: I am in love with this Marina West one piece black swimsuit. Any bathing suit in black is always sexy and flattering. A sexy one-piece always beats a two-piece.

You have my picks, what are your vacation picks?

Any vacations? Let me know where you guys are jet-setting to.
Make a list- it will help when packing.

Until Next time
same place tomorrow

xoxox
Style Reporter

source: Polyvore

No comments:

Post a Comment