Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Fall Fashion Buzz: The Gap

Hey people!

I have the skinny on the Gap’s Fall/Winter 2009 collection, and I'm sooo very impressed!!!!

I remember once upon a time I lived in the Gap. I stood by it, it was my “Go To” store. But on a 5 year span the Gap has been producing eehhhhh pieces- not inspiring, the fit was wack and it was too basic, but the Gap is here to reclaim its spot.

This Fall season, still with an American Style feel to it, this collection has an European influence. That’s dope- because I will always say, Europeans have the best style.
"The collection has the sensibility of an American in Europe," Robinson says. "Its origins are in a pure American style, with a strong European influence."

This will be the second autumn collection under Gap's head of design, Patrick Robinson. Great move thus far!

Check out some of the looks...


I LOVE LOVE LOVE the over sized cardigans.

A chunky heel boot- will set me style free!

These shearling lined boots are dope!!!

I LOVE this grunge reject/bad boy styling they are doing with the boys. Very Euro. I'm feeling it.

Key items for women: the washed silk T-shirt, ombré merino sweaters, mannish blazers and pleat-front pencil skirt sweater.

Key items for men: the leather jacket, dark denim, over sized cable scarves and the pea coat.

Gap is still sticking to their Roots and that is their love for Denim. The execution is great, I love that denim puffer vest!

Gap has collaborated with Pierre Hardy and Albertus Swanepoel for autumn/winter accessories. "Pierre Hardy's platform boot shape and winter sandals add drama, in soft sage green and grey tones, while Albertus Swanepoel has designed pretty cloche hats in denim and felt," adds Robinson.

Are you guys sold on the new Gap collection?

I can not wait!

Until Next Time
same time tomorrow

xoxo
Style Reporter

Source: WGSN

1 comment:

  1. Words can't express how high my anticipation for this collection is.

    I was also an avid Gap shopper, but as you said, the pieces have been very "eeeeh" lately.

    This collection is ringing all of the major alarms. -- The shearling boots? mean! The oversized cardi's? mean! [I love big clothes].

    --great post!

    ReplyDelete