Wednesday, October 7, 2009

MAC and DSquared Collabo

Like I told you guys before I'm getting really interested in make-up. I believe it an important factor when designing your look. Whether you keep a fresh face of dramatic face, I'm starting to understand the importance of make-up and beauty products.

Keebs from the DMV will have a great post for you guys this week- but I wanted to take a look at the new collabo collection from Mac.

I like Mac because with alot of their collabos the masterminds at MAC understands how make-up and fashion go hand in hand and I love the collabos with the various great fashion brands.

Mac has collabos with brands; such as Alexander McQueen, Ungaro, Hello Kitty- just to name a few. MAC has teamed up with DSquared designers Dean and Dan Caten on a limited-edition cosmetics line.


"This collection brings us to the Ziegfeld Follies by way of Grey Gardens, a bit dishevelled, a little Girl Interrupted, both dramatically hip and dangerously sexy," says the brand.

Skin is neutral but flawlessly contoured using two-tone Sculpt and Shape Powder, while new greasepaint sticks in blue and violet and Pro Gloss create a super-heavy, exaggeratedly sooty eye. Lips are nuded-out with Pro Erase, then finished with nude or blood red Lipstick and/or Tinted Lip Conditioner.













The full range:
Lipstick in Nude Rose, a sheer light neutral pink; and Blood Red, a clean deep berry (£12/€17.50)
Lip Erase in Dim (£11/€16.50)
Tinted Lip Conditioner in Fuchsia Fix, a deep pink sheen (£10.50/€17)
Gloss Texture (clear) (£13/€21)
Sculpt and Shape Powder in Bone Beige/Emphasize, a pale cream/tan; and Accentuate/Sculpt, pale blushed beige/soft taupe brown (£16.50/€24)
Greasepaint Stick in V, bright blue violet; and B, bright yellow blue (£13/€19)
Kohl Power Pencil in Feline, a rich black (£12/€17.50)
Brush 165 a tapered cheek/highlight brush(£24.50/€40)
Tomorrow I'm going to Macy's to the MAC counter and do a lipstick test! I want to buy a great shade. I find it hard because I have a weird color/shade top lips... everyone knows it...
(You have no idea how many lip jokes I get... I laugh them off... but I know I can't wear every shade) I'm going to try out almost every shade- any suggestions for a Brown Girl???
xoxox
Chee
source: WGSN

No comments:

Post a Comment